Recommendations & Demands
We invite you to join the Christian Coalition for Syria in supporting the Syriac National Council of Syria and her coalition partners in their struggle for political representation of the concerns of approx. 2.6 million Christians who comprise 12% of Syria’s population;
- - to allow participation of their representatives at the ongoing national and international negotiations about the future of Syria, and;
- - to incorporate the following recommendations and demands;
Recommendations and demands:
- International community to ensure an immediate cease fire, peace, provision of humanitarian aid, and eventual expulsion of foreign fighters from Syrian soil.
- Representatives from all Syrian ethnic and religious groups (at least proportional to their numbers) work on terms of peace and a new interim Constitution, election law, etc. Syriac Christians, Kurds, etc. must have representatives that actually represent their people groups—not token representatives.
- Opportunity for Syrians to vote in free and fair elections in a Constitutional referendum first, then parliamentary, then Presidential elections.
- International effort to rebuild shattered villages, places of worship, and lives and bring refugees back to safe places.
We ask for your support, solidarity and cooperation at this critical moment by joining us in endorsing the following recommendations and demands by urging your governments to do so as well and signing the petition.